These tips should help keep your hair extensions looking beautiful and healthy.
Washing & Conditioning
- Wash your extensions using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, and rinse gently. Avoid using products with harsh chemicals, such as alcohol, as they can cause dryness and damage.
- When washing, be gentle and avoid rubbing the hair extensions together, as this can cause tangling and matting.
- Apply conditioner and detangle with a detangling brush starting from the ends and work your way up to the roots. Brush and comb gently to prevent tangling and matting.
- After conditioning, rinse out the hair gently and squeeze out excess water and let the hair air dry or use a low heat setting on a hair dryer. Avoid using high heat as this can damage the hair extensions.
- Style your extensions as desired (wash and go, twists out, braids out, etc.). When using heat, use a heat protectant and be mindful of the temperature setting. Try to avoid using heat tools often.
- To maintain the natural texture of your hair extensions, you can use a leave-in conditioner or a hair oil.
General extensions care tips
- Avoid sleeping with wet hair extensions and always tie them up or braid them to prevent tangling while sleeping.
- If you are using clip-in hair extensions, if you have a tender scalp make sure to remove them before sleeping and store them properly to prevent tangling and damage.
- When swimming, to protect your extensions, always wear a swim cap and rinse out your hair with fresh water after swimming to remove chlorine and salt.